Monday, October 15, 2012

Make a Wish and Believe

Hi ya everyone!
Monday already?  Yikes, the weekend goes so much faster than the week...why is that?  My husband and I got a lot of cleaning and organizing done this weekend so that feels really good.  I always love starting my week with a clean organized house.  That includes my craft area; moved some things around and put some things away and now I love my whole home all over again!
We are starting off this Monday with a little WASHI tape at MarkerPop.  I love my Washi!  I have to admit though, I do something a bit different when I use Washi, I always put it on some white paper first.  Is that weird?  I like it to be really bright and noticable, so adding white paper underneath always accomplishes that for me.  I also like to trim it, like I did above, into pennants. Having the white paper underneath makes that a lot simpler.
I used the adorable Bright Bean from the Greeting Farm and decided to enter their fun color challenge too.
 
Everything here is from MarkerPop from the papers to the embellishments!  The paper is from two different stacks: Simple Stories - Country Botique and My Mind's Eye!  The Washi is square grid yellow.  I don't know if you can tell but her bathing suit is also paper pieced.  I used my Copics for the coloring of course and finished off with a touch of stitching! 

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card and well done you on tidying your craft room, unfortunately my studio is currently an absolute disgrace!
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is too freakin' cute!! Awesome coloring, as always, and I love the layout!! Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's gorgeous Melissa and beautifully colored too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodness - this is such a wonderful card. I love this cute little image:-) TFS



    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card, I love the Washi tape also but forget to use it Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa this is just so cute! I love the design and she is coloured up beautifully as always :)

    ReplyDelete