Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Summery Thank You - Meljen's Designs Release

Hi ya everyone!
  I hope your summer is shaping up to be a wonderful one so far!  Before my sweet Anna left the second grade for the summer I wanted to make a little something for her fabulous teacher.  She loves dark chocolate so I grabbed these dark chocolate kisses without really thinking about the color of the wrapping.  I wanted to make the candy bag really summery - and when I saw this adorable Meljen's Designs FREEBIE (I know can you believe it) I had to use it.  I LOVED coloring this image.  I did so in my Copics of course.
I then cut out a black piece of Bazzill cardstock and folded it over the bag.  I stamped a sentiment - it doesn't look so good =( because I stamped the edges - and added some cute little buttons and string.  On the back we wrote a thank you and enjoy your summer!  There is a bookmark in the bag too - this was supposed to be for Teacher Appreciation Day - but well let's just say it didn't get taken to her!!!
So in the end - the purple wasn't so pretty with the bag - but oh well I bet it tasted good!

Oh, aside from the adorable Freebies Meljen's had this week - here is the super awesome release that can be found at Whimsy Stamps right HERE!!!  Perfect for any BBQ don't ya think?
The challenge for the week is Plaids and/or Stripes!  Don't forget to use your Meljen's Images!!  There are a TON of FREEBIES right HERE!!!
Care about my Copics???

2 comments:

  1. It isn't too bad the color combination that is.... so she has purple candy it is what she loves! and you can't go wrong with that beautiful bag topper, I am sure she loved it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gift bag came out so cute! I love that image and can't wait to use it!!
    I'm sure she loved it!!!!

    ReplyDelete