Thursday, March 24, 2011

Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Meljen's Challenge

Hi ya everyone!  Another darling release at Meljen's Designs and all can be found at Whimsy Stamps right HERE. Take a look:
Perfect images for those girly cards that we all love to make!  I loved this image called Girl Talk.  Reminded me so much of my oldest.  Gabbing a mile a minute about how she likes to have fun!  I colored the girl in Copics to match this adorable paper I have from DCWV called Girl Stack - I think!
Actually all the papers are from this stack except for the pink which I grabbed out of my Reds and Pinks Cricut stack.  The challenge this week is to use punches - so I used my little heart border and corner punch from Martha Stewart.
The sentiment is from a clear stamp set I bought that's all about girls.  Don't remember who made it though.  I then cut the sentiment out in a set of nestables!  Thanks for taking a look at  my oh so girly card.  Head over to Meljen's Design Challenge blog and join the fun - but don't forget to pick up some stamps at Whimsy while you are at it!
Hugs

11 comments:

  1. So cute and so typical of a young girl ... what young girl isn't standing, walking or sitting while talking on a cell phone?! Love the colours you have pulled from the DP to bring the girl to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card Melissa! The background paper fits just perfectly!
    Marlena:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, what a really cute girly card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and girly Melissa. I love the papers and that heart punch is perfect for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our Dallas theme! Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!
    Lovely card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Memories are flooding in my mind because of this card! This so reminds me of the Cindy Lauper song! I LOVE this card! It is so fun, bright and happy! So typical of a teenage.. but loving the leg warmers!LOL
    Thanks for the flashback ~ minus the cell phone.. ours were atached to the car!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am singing the song in my head now! I remember the video! What a fun card Melissa! The new stamps are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very cute card. TFS! Bug Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too CUTE! Now I'm on the lookout for that paper and the image is adorable! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun fun card. The image is so cute. I bought that paper stack a while back, but I have yet to use it. Now I want to drag it out and play.

    ReplyDelete