Thursday, March 3, 2011

Birthday Monkey - Meljen's Design Challenge

Hi ya everyone,
  This week at Melissa of Meljen's Designs has another adorable release:
 I love these little images!  The challenge this week at the Meljen's Designs Challenge blog is "You Are Such an Animal!" - which translates - use animals on your cards!!!  Now what better set to use - each of these can be found right HERE at Whimsy Stamps.  Not too hard now is it.  I need to make birthday cards! So I decided to use an older image that I LOVE!!!  Little sock monkey - isn't he the cutest??  I love him and so I colored him with my Copics and tried to make him look stitched.
I cut him out and placed him to the side.  Next, I took out my Gypsy and used the cartridge Simply Charmed to make this cute hat shaped card.  I used my DCWV Country Christmas stack actually for the papers. 
I popped a number of the layers up from each other to give the card more depth and dimension!  I think that it turned out really well. 
I also cut a piece of the cream paper for the inside which you can sort of see in the photo below.  Lastly, I made a little Happy Birthday tag that I tied on with cream crinkle ribbon!
If you get a chance - head over and join the fun at Meljen's Designs!  Don't forget to hit up the Whimsy Stamps store for all of the new releases!!!

13 comments:

  1. This little guy is just too cute! I love that your made this into a shape card too! It is just perfect and looks so realistic. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Melissa! I adore your card. It is so whimsical and sweet! I also love that you tied in the hat motif from the stamp. It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the cutest b-day card. I love the stocking cap shape and the way you colored your lil monkey is adorable!
    TFS
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Melissa! Love the shape of your card.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet Melissa. Love the monkey and that hat-shaped card is such a perfect idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, so you outdid yourself on this one! That hat-shaped card that matches the sock monkey ... pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute. You are so creative it amazes me. Now I have to make a shape card...thanks for the inspiration. I LOVE monkeys so much, and you did such a great job with this little guy. Love how you stitched him.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just a wonderful card! I love the shape and the fun, paper pom pom. Your coloring on the sock monkey is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card....love sock monkeys too. I hope you don't mind if I scraplift this one

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Melissa this is sooo adorable! the colors are just perfect and the sock monkey the sweetest. Great dimension, too! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely warm colours on your shaped card

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh he is sooo cute! I love the layering and that hat with the details... so perfect!
    tfs

    ReplyDelete