Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shake It Up Baby - Tiddly Inks Challenge

Hi ya everyone!!!
  This week at the Tiddly Inks Challenge blog we are asking you to make a shaker card that has hearts somewhere on the card.  Meredith has an awesome tutorial on the blog too if you've never made one!  I decided to make mine a bit different and cut out the little cupcake tops to fill with glitter.  First, I printed my image twice - once on white paper (to color) and once on transparency to put behind once I cut out the cupcake tops.  I did this with a straight edge after I colored my Tiddly Ink stamp - Cherry Bugg - in Copics.
Next, I took some Basic Grey paper and cut it out with my Scalloped Circle Nestabilities.  I adhered my transparency to the back of Bugg and then fussy cut her out.  I then glued her to the pink scalloped circle and then carefully re-cut the cupcake tops.
 Next I lined the back with square foam and filled with glitter.  Lastly, I adhered this to the bottom Basic Grey paper, added a bit of white crinkle ribbon and stamped Happy Birthday.
 Since this challenge is to make a shaker and to add hearts, I took a few rub-ons and added a few red and pink hearts around the image!  Head over to Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog and join this week's challenge!  Remember to use a Tiddly image to qualify for prizes - you'll find lots of freebies in the Tiddly Ink shop!
There are some adorable cute images that Christy just posted in the Tiddly Inks shop too - here's a peek!

12 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love that you made the cupcake tops as the shaker image! So clever! Your coloring is awesome and I love your papers/design too! Love this Melissa! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thats so cool melissa!!! i love the shakey icing on the cakes!! just wonderful!!!!! huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the liitle girly but must share I just love shaker cards, they are well worth the extra effort in making them don't you think! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome!! Love the shaker cupcake icing!! This digi stamp is just wonderful and your coloring is outstanding!! Love your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesomeness!!! I love, love, love how you made the cupcakes into shakers...you are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so creative Melissa.....great idea and super card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect take on the challenge ... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Melissa, this card is so sweet and so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Melissa this is so amazing! I love it that you made the cupcakes into shakers, so creative!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Melissa! So so fabulously creative! Love, Love, LOVE it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY GOSH THAT IS ADORABLE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cool! I LOVE how you put this together! What a great idea!
    Marlena:)

    ReplyDelete