Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Snow Place Like Home - Tiddly Inks Challenge

Hi ya everyone!!
  It's Tuesday - one of my new favorite days of the week - because that means it's Tiddly Tuesday!!!  A new challenge at the Tiddly Inks Challenge blog and new freebies from the amazingly fabulous artist Christy Croll!  This weeks challenge is to "Create a card fit for a blizzard" per Christy! 

So, get out those snowflakes and create a perfectly snowy scene.  I chose three of the sweetest snowmen around; Frosty, Something Warm, and Snowman's Friends.  Each one can be found in Christy's Tiddly Ink store!  I only used a portion of each snowman because I wanted enough room for all of them and the big glittery snowflakes.  I colored each snowman with my Copics (I tried coloring outside the lines this week) and cut them out.

 I then adhered them to this white polka dot paper from my DCWV stack.  I then used my nestable to cut out the circles and adhered them all together.  I cut these snowflakes on my cricut using the Christmas cartridge. Ran them through the Xyron and added this fine crystal glitter.

 I took a piece of Bazzil card stock that has a slight glimmer to is and used the Sizzix snowflake folder and embossed the background.  Lastly, I added glitter to the snowmen and the dots around them and used my new iRock to add some bling to the snowflakes! 

Hope you enjoy this card - There's Snow Place Like Home For The Holidays!  Stop by the Tiddly Inks store pick up a few of your own and join the fun at the Tiddly Inks Challenge blog!
Hugs!

11 comments:

  1. So pretty. Love your images. I was going to buy some digis today, I feel like coloring. I will head on over to Tidly Inks. Love your new blog makeover.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! These snowmen are just adorable. Love the one with the pot on his head!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love the way you used the snowman images, Melissa! Getting all three of them on there was brilliant! LOVE it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I misseed your blog hop. Saturday was a SWARM at my friend Leah's and sunday I was playing "catch up" with my projects!! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is soooooo fabulous!! I love your darling little snowmen and all the glitter and bling!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Melissa!!

    I LOVE all that's going on with this card!! The three different images is just fabulous!! It's so snuggly and wintery feeling!! Love that polka dotted paper and the snowflakes!! Perfect colors!!

    Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Melissa. Love the embossed paper and the blue/white polka-dot paper reminds me of snow...just perfect for this card. And the snowmen and snowflakes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Melissa,

    This card is just crazy good! Love it! Love it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you have been busy and these snowmen are all gorgeous!!! The two creations above this one and knock dead gorgeous too...love the pink tree one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great snowcard you've made! =)
    Lot's of other wonderful things here too!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet card Melissa! Love all the snowman and the colours you used.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete