Monday, December 20, 2010

Paper Piecing - A Tutorial


Hi ya everyone - Now, I know that some of you don't like to stamp because coloring can be intimidating.  Or maybe you just don't like to color - it can be a bit time consuming and expensive and if you don't have an eye for shading you might think your images look flat.  So today over at Sheila's blog - She's A Sassy Lady I am going to show you that you never have to color a digital or stamped image - you can paper piece the image.  Paper piecing is just what it sounds like cutting images out from your paper and simply piecing them together to form your image.  Today, over at Sheila's I'm going to share with you a project I've done with a cute Tiddly Inks digital stamp called Donna - isn't she just too cute!! 
The awesome thing about digital stamps is you can resize them and this is perfect for paper piecing because the larger your image the easier to cut around the lines and piece together.  Now, if you want to learn more about how I made this cute card - head over to She's A Sassy Lady.  I did a full tutorial.  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a Happy Holidays!!!
Hugs

5 comments:

  1. Very cute, I love it! Thanks for showing how to paper piece....I currently do not use digi's...have to give them a try...tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for teaching us how to do this today at Shes A Sassy Lady we love your card and what a great tutorial! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Melissa!! I paper piece with some of my Cricut cuts, but have never tried it with digis. I'll have to give this a try!! Thanks for showing us how! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable card Melissa. As always, your coloring is beautiful. Love the paper piecing too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so sweet! I love the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete