Sunday, August 22, 2010

A little pick UP - Tiddly Inks Movie Challenge

Hi Everyone,
  Today is Sunday the day of rest, right?  Not in my world - we have an extremely busy busy day - cook out and birthday party in the span of a few hours.  Did I mention I'm supposed to make a salad for the cook out - and well, I still need to go to the grocery store!!!  I still have one little item to make for the little girl's birthday we are headed to as well!!! YIKES - I should get off my computer and go - but alas I do have a little card I wanted to share!
  At Tiddly Inks this week the challenge is to make a card from your favorite summer movie.  I chose the Disney/Pixar movie UP. Do remember the part of the movie when the balloons bust out and his house starts to go UP!!!??  I remember being in awe - and thinking to myself oh my, this is every kids dream - enough balloons to pick you and your house up!!!  Very cool - so I decided to make a card using this movie.  Christy at Tiddly Inks has this cute little house image that I colored to match the house in the movie.  I cut out oh about 72 balloons on the cricut from George and Basic Shapes.  Attached black string to them and them piled them up.  A few I popped up from the background using my 3D pop dots.  Next, I took all the strings and knotted them up, pulled them straight down where I wanted to put the house and stuck them down with a 3D pop dot and then placed the house on top also placing pop dots on the house.  Once everything was in place I put a little white highlight on the balloons.  Then I realized - OH CRUD!!! I stuck everything down and didn't leave room for my sentiment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Well, I just put it inside. 

This is from Just Because Cards and is perfect for this card!  I did computer generate the UP to look like UP from the movie!  Once I had all this done, I realized the front looked a little plain - so I stamped some birds from a $1 set of stamps from Studio G and then added Glossy Accents to the popped balloons, the birds and the windows! 

I hope this card gives you a little pick UP!!!
Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Wow Melissa, I've never seen so many balloons on one card. Love it, it's so colourful & fun!! Made me smile reading you'd left no room for the sentiment, sort of thing I'd do lol!!
    hugs
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Melissa, 72 balloons unbelievable I love it and love the glossy accents on the balloons. And thanks so much for telling me about the dashboard thing so I can see all the posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Gosh!! This is just tooo tooo cuttttte!!! I just love that movie. Watched with some of the Chickadees and it is such a sweet movie. I also was in awe when those balloons popped out and the house lifted off. Your card captures that moment to perfection!!! I loooooooove it!!! You are just so amazing with your creations. Have a wonderful time at the party and cookout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in awww of this card! It's beautiful!!! All that work on those balloons totally paid off!

    Thanks for playing along with the Tiddly Inkers this week! I hope to see you again next week!
    HUGS!
    ~Lissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Melissa! I recognized which movie you chose as soon as I saw this (and I haven't even seen it!) FABULOUS job! I LOVE it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Melissa! Love all the balloons! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    PS something really weird just happened. I received an email about the comment that Donna left on your blog, so strange.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a wonderful card!!! Love the balloons they are just too cool. TFS

    ReplyDelete