Monday, June 14, 2010

Sunshine on my shoulders

Here is a card I made for the Jitterbuggin' Challenge.  The rules were use complimentary colors - I chose purple/yellow.  Use a cricut flower - I used the sunflower border cut from Walk In My Garden.  Lastly, follow the sketch and add a ribbon (creme and brown spotted).  I also inked all edges in Stampin Ups Close to Cocoa.  The paper is basic grey and Stampin' Up.  I should add that I learned a little something about basic grey paper and my Cricut - I have much better luck if I turn the pressure down to a three.  Otherwise, the paper tears a bit.  Here's my take on the sketch - the importance of the card though is the sentiment for me.  I used to listen to John Denver when I was a child.  My mom had a number of his records and I just loved to sing and dance to these while home with mom during the summer.  It's a great childhood memory - so when I found this saying, the rest just fell into place.  I did this on my Gypsy - so if you would like the file, let me know - melissaforquer@gmail.com.  Don't forget to check out the Jitterbuggin' Challenge - join in, and when she gets a 100 followers someone will win a prize.  I also entered this into Pollycraft's Challenge - check it out.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card....it's so pretty and happy! I'm glad you chose the purple/yellow combo...you are the first one!


    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card makes me happy, Melissa! So pretty and bright. I was a HUGE John Denver fan and one of the best concerts I went to at Michigan State was his. (Of course I was just a child then too. LOL) xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Melissa!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Pollycraft! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Melissa, great colours, thanks for joining us at pollycraft. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete